- Please download Volunteer Application Form.Email form to:
Prince William Humane Society
PO Box 769
Dumfries, VA 22026
There is a difference between volunteering for the Humane Society and volunteering for the Animal Shelter.
The Humane Society works closely with the Shelter to assure that all adoptable animals the Shelter takes in are adopted. We do this through our various programs such as our Seniors 4 Seniors, Warrior Buddies, Poor Animals Welfare and Surgical Fund (PAWS), and LUCAS Cares Spay/Neuter Fund. Basically, the Humane Society raises the funding to make adoption affordable to as many citizens as possible.
The Prince William Humane Society is looking for talented, compassionate people who really want to make a difference in saving homeless pets lives, getting animals adopted and improving the conditions at the Shelter.
People who possess the following traits and talents are encouraged to volunteer:
- Fund Raising Assistance: Anyone who would like to participate in events: setting up and breaking down displays, communicating our programs to the public, and fund raising.
- Administrative Assistance: We need someone with clerical, computer and organizational skills to assist with administrative duties.
- Event Promotion Assistance: We can always use help with planning and promoting events. Volunteers should have experience with planning large events and PR skills.
- Specific Program Volunteers: Individuals interested in specific programs or funds are invited to volunteer to help work with and promote that program to the public.
Alternatively, if you wish to have a “hands on” approach with animals, the Shelter has its own application process. You must be over 15. The process requires a background investigation and special training by Shelter personnel. If you are interested in working at the Shelter, you can go there and fill out one of their applications. Beate Begley, the Volunteer Coordinator for the Shelter will contact you once your application has been reviewed.