**Unfortunately at this time we are not accepting volunteer applications
Volunteers with PWHS have the opportunity to apply their talent and skills to a multitude of areas from pet care to fundraising.
We are committed to allowing our volunteers to experience all aspects of daily operations. By doing so, volunteers gain new experiences and insights while forging new friendships and taking pride in their accomplishments.
Volunteering with PWHS also allows students the opportunity to earn community service hours.
When Volunteering with us, you can choose from a variety of opportunities:
- Pet Care
- Pet Enrichment
- Administrative (including data entry, thank you letters, social media, etc.)
- Cat Cuddling
- Dog Walking
- Special Events
- And more!
What Can I Do?
Court Ordered Community Service Opportunities Prince William Humane Society will accept applications for court ordered community service hours for any crimes not involving violence against people or animals. These volunteers are accepted on a case by case basis and applying will not guarantee acceptance to volunteer. Any age may apply, but those under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian during their time. Before applying, please be aware of the following:
1. PWHS requires people to apply themselves and stay productive during their time volunteering. Spending time on a personal cell phone is not considered working or being productive.
2. Punctuality is required and those who are habitually tardy or absent will be dismissed. Contact the Adopt Shop staff as soon as possible if you will not be able to make it in for your assigned shift.
3. Like any staff member or regular volunteer, court ordered volunteers are subject to being terminated if their work is not satisfactory.
4. There is no fee to volunteer to fulfill court hours. However, you will not receive a volunteer t-shirt unless you pay the volunteer membership fee.
5. You are required to sign in and out of the volunteer log in order to have your hours accurately reported.
6. Shifts are available 7 days a week between 8am-8pm as long as there is a staff member or experienced volunteer present.